Please be sure to complete all critical instructions.
- Read all emails (personal account and NYU account) and Summer in NYC 2015 blog posts!
- Activate your NYU NetID and NYU e-mail
- Apply for your I-20 form (due April 1, international students only)
- Register for courses (beginning February 17; access the course search here)
- Apply for University housing
- Pay your NYU bill (due May 14)
- Submit financial aid documents to NYU Financial Aid (due July 20)
- Submit immunization record and health forms to the Student Health Center, if applicable (due May 15)
- Book your flight to NYC and submit flight details to NYU Traveler
- Find off-campus housing, if applicable
- Submit your NYUCard photo online (see below)
- Register with the Moses Center, if applicable (one month before arrival)
- Get your book list from the NYU Bookstore
- Watch the Summer in NYC Orientation online and read the Student Handbook
All students must have a NYUCard while at NYU. It not only identifies you as an NYU student, it grants you access to NYU buildings and services and student discounts around the campus and city.
After you are registered in your summer courses and if you are new to NYU, you can submit your NYUCard photo online and, when approved by the NYUCard team, you can pick up your new card at the NYUCard Center at 7 Washington Place! If you previously attended NYU as a degree or visiting student, you should visit the Card Center in person to have your photo taken. They are open Monday – Friday from 8am-5pm, and Sundays (May 29-July 31) from 9am-4 pm. Please note: You must bring a valid photo ID with you to the NYUCard Center to get your student ID.
The Online Photo System will go live on March 25th. Students may begin picking up their ID cards beginning May 1. After May 1, photos submitted and approved by 3:00 p.m. can be picked up on the following business day. More details and information about photo submission guidelines are available online.